Friday, April 15, 2011

What Skills Have You Developed From The World Of Warcraft?

I've never been a hunt-and-peck typist, but these days, my fingers can fly across the keyboard. It has certainly served me well in my employment. I can successfully type out full paragraphs with one hand on the keyboard and the other on the mouse. You can't see it, but I'm doing it right now. Are you impressed yet?

Okay, probably not. I'm willing to bet that any of you can do it, too. But what other skills have you acquired through playing WoW? If you run your own guild, you may have become an effective leader and a whiz at organization and planning. Raid leaders may have to become experts at dealing with conflicting personalities and steering their cohorts toward the common goal. Dealing with guild drama might have you thinking should have a degree in social work by now. Playing the auction house might have inspired you to go into the stock market (and if you have earned a fortune doing this, please share your tips with the group!) Or maybe you've just learned to suck up your disappointments and handle them without having to resort to QQ and name-calling.

Have you acquired an impressive skill through WoW that you might not have developed otherwise?

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how to describe it. Being able to monitor my health/mana, tank health, healer mana, boss mechanics and manage my dps,tanking, healing. Being able to process many bits of information quickly I guess would be the best way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, with gaming in general, My problem solving comprehension has sky rocketed, as well as being able to find a certain way to do things that others normally wouldnt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing with just one hand...
    I´ll start to play World of Warcraft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha man this is so true, and strangely thats how I really began typing so well in the first place. I definitely agree that leading a guild gives you an opening to leadership that you normally wouldn't find in the gaming world, but I really enjoyed leading mine and learning along the way :)! Another great post keep up the good work m8!

    ReplyDelete