Sunday, July 17, 2011

Zelda Skyward Sword - My Most Anticipated Game of 2011



The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword has been a huge hit even before its official announcement at E3 last year in 2010. The year prior Nintendo released one single piece of art work in a round table and speculation began to rise up from nowhere just like that.
The Zelda series has always been one of the most popular and anticipated games in the industry but this next game is promising even more. As we are now playing with the motion controlled Nintendo Wii and we have yet to have an actual Wii based Zelda title.
So the question burning in everyone's minds is "how will Nintendo innovate the series to use motion controls?"
In June of 2010, at E3 we finally got our answer. In a spectacular display of creativity, Nintendo once again managed to amaze us with brand new 1:1 motion controls. Everything you do with the Wiimotes is done by the character, Link, on screen. The accuracy is dead on as Skyward Sword will be using the Wii motion plus.
Since last year's E3, Nintendo has been hush hush about Skyward Sword. No real details have come to light and we all remain in a state of anticipation. Almost every Legend of Zelda title to date has been a best seller and with all the hype building up for this game, sales should be even higher.
The combination of an already established fan favorite series and new motion controls have helped to make Skyward Sword by far the most anticipated game of the year.

7 comments:

  1. I'm definitely looking forward to it as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooooo want this game, as does my brother, shame it's his Wii, and I'll be playing on it after he's completed it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about the enhanced motion control, new artstyle, time period of the story, and character designs. I hope that we get a new main antagonist for this game that isn't Ganon (Ghirahim?). Only thing that bothers me is that we have a young adult Link again. I'd prefer we'd have a child Link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i use to have a truely wretched landlady who's name was zelda, so it has kinda ruined the whole franchise for me, still, I like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WANNA PLAY THIS GAME! But no wii...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zelda will never die. Too many of us grew up with him and that love from childhood will stay with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gota agree with LaezE, Id love to play this game but my brother sold his wii so I can't exactly play it. But I got to play twilight princess at least. I guess I have to stick to Starcraft for now.

    ReplyDelete